This Privacy Notice applies to the following website operated by The Airline Pilot Club Limited. The Airline Pilot Club (TM), is the registered business name of The Airline Pilot Club Limited, a limited company incorporated in Ireland, under CRO Number 659435. The Airline Pilot Club Limited is a proprietary club owned by its shareholders and operated and managed by its directors. The registered office of the company is Broadmeadow Hall, Applewood Village, Swords, co. Dublin
When you use this website, the data Controller is The Airline Pilot Club.
We have created this Privacy Notice to demonstrate our commitment to ensure your personal data is processed in compliance with data protection law and that you understand how and why we process your personal data. Please take time to carefully read this Privacy Notice. Please note that your use of this website is also subject to our website Terms and Conditions of use.
The Airline Pilot Club is the controller of your personal data as set out in data protection law. As a user of our website, your personal data is processed by the Airline Pilot Club for the purpose of managing and providing services to you as outlined on our website.
Collection of Personal Data
As a controller, The Airline Pilot Club is responsible for the processing of personal data that our users provide to us. We are also responsible for personal data that we collect with regards to the services we provide. We collect a user’s personal data in the following circumstances.
- When you complete an online registration form to register with The Airline Pilot Club.
- When you provide information to help build your profile you maintain with us.
- When you complete the Airline Pilot Indicative Assessment.
- When you complete the ‘Pathway to Pilot’ competence course.
- If you are interacting with the Airline Pilot Club using a third-party social network such as Facebook or Twitter, you will be subject to cookies used by them. The Airline Pilot Club is not responsible for the processing of your personal data carried out be third-party social networks so you should check the terms and privacy policies of those operators before use.
The Types of Personal Data we Process
Our Purpose for Processing your Personal Data
The Airline Pilot Club collect and process your personal data to deliver the services we advertise to you on our website. This includes registering with us initially, enabling you to complete the Airline Pilot Indicative Assessment, maintaining your profile and the completion of the Pathway to Pilot Competence Course. If you are successful in completing the Indicative Assessment and the Pilot competence Course, we will share your personal data with our panel of Aviation Training Organisations who have been selected and audited by ourselves and our partner airlines. If you successfully complete your aviation training, we will also share your personal data with our partner airlines as a prospective employer of you.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing your Personal Data
The Airline Pilot Club will only collect use and share your personal data where we have a lawful basis to do so. There are a number of lawful basis that allow us to process your personal data for the purposes we process it.
We have a ‘legitimate interest’ in processing your personal data in order to deliver the services we advertise to you. We believe that our processing of personal data is done in a balanced, fair and transparent manner which you would reasonably expect and has minimal impact on your data protection rights.
We process your data where it is necessary to do so for the purpose of performance of a contract between you and the Airline Pilot Club. By availing of our services, you agree to our terms and conditions.
Where we process ‘special categories’ of your personal data we will also require your explicit consent to process that data. This includes the processing of personal data relating to your Indicative Assessment and your medical history. The processing of this data is necessary for us to deliver our services to you. For example, by completing the Indicative Assessment we are processing your health information as this as a form of psychometric testing. By using our services and completing the online Airline Pilot Indicative Assessment and the Pathway to Pilot competence course you are consenting to the processing of your health information for these purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of this ‘special category’ personal data at any time however, by exercising this right you should understand that you will not be able to use these services as the processing of this type of personal data is integral to the service provided. Consequently, we will not be able to share your personal data with our panel of Aviation Training Organisations and partner Airlines.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we Share Your Personal Data With?
We will share your personal data with the following entities with whom we conduct business. We will always have contracts in place with these entities requiring them to protect your personal data.
- Our Aviation Training Partners including, Atlantic Flight Training Academy, Global flight Training Solutions, Global Aviation S.A, The Female Pilot Hub, VA Airline Training and Aero Locarno. We allow these partners to process your personal data in order to facilitate your ongoing training.
- Our assessment partners including International Aviation Safety Assessment, AON, Symbiotic. We share your personal data with these in order for you to complete your Indicative Assessment.
- Our partner Airlines including, Boeing, Ryanair, Bartolini Air, Air Astana. We share your information with these in order to enhance your opportunity for employment with the airlines. This will be done in consultation with you.
- Any other party approved by you. For example, you may ask us to transfer your personal data to another company.
- Advertising and marketing partners. This is done so that we can run advertising campaigns and conduct market research and analysis. This may include social media sites such as Facebook/META, Instagram, Twitter and Google. Any information provided to these companies will be provided in a pseudonymised format so that you cannot be directly identified.
- Purchasers of our business. Any future buyers or prospective buyers who we sell or negotiate to sell our business with.
- Government bodies or our regulators. In some instances we will be required to share your data by law with Government bodies such as The Data Protection Commission
- The Garda Siochana and other Law Enforcement Agencies. Under data protection law, in certain circumstances, we are required to share your personal data with The Garda Siochana and other law enforcement agencies.
Transferring your personal data internationally
The Airline Pilot Club uses Digital Ocean servers for hosting data and software applications. Our data centres are located in The Netherlands in the European Economic Area.
In providing our services to you, we work with partners which on occasion involves the processing of data in various regions outside the European Economic Area. Some of these countries include the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates. As these jurisdictions are outside of the European Economic Area and their data protection/privacy laws my be considered to be less protective than those within the European Economic Area, we have ensured that we have appropriate safeguards in place such as European Union approved, standard contractual clauses to facilitate the transfer of the data.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
Unless you object in writing, to the processing of your personal data, we will continue to retain your personal data for as long as the purposes for processing, outlined earlier in this policy, exist. We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a member of the Airline Pilot Club and maintain a profile with us. We will retain your personal data after you leave us in order to resolve any outstanding disputes and to enforce our policies. We may also be required, in certain circumstances, to retain your data where we have a legal obligation to do so.
Processing Personal Data of Children
The Airline Pilot Club recognise and understand the importance of protecting children while using the internet and acknowledge the fundamentals of a child-oriented approach to data processing. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in and monitor/guide their online activity. The Airline Pilot club does not knowingly process and children’s personal data. If you believe your child has provided us with personal data through our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will arrange for its removal from our records.
From time to time The Airline Pilot Club may wish to contact you by email, telephone, social media sites, post or SMS regarding products or services that we think you may be interested in. We will only send marketing messages to you in accordance with the preferences you set when you avail of our services. We will always respect your marketing preferences so if you tell us you don’t want any marketing messages, we will respect your wishes.
Tailored Advertising and Cookies
Profiling, analytics and automated decision making
We may analyse your personal data using automated means in order to help us understand your needs and to develop our relationship with you. We may also use your information to offer you products and services that we believe you may be interested in. Where we do this, we will always respect your marketing preferences. We may also use your personal data to make credit decisions regarding you. Where we make solely automated decisions that produces a legal or other significant effect, you will have the right to request a review of that decision and provide information to support any such review.
Security of your Personal Data
The Airline Pilot Club is committed to ensuring the protection of the personal data of the users of our website. We take measures that can be reasonable expected to make sure that your personal data is processed in a safe manner and in accordance with Data Protection laws. It is important to state that the transfers of personal data over the internet and mobile networks can never occur without any risk. Users accept that information and electronic mail passing over the internet may not be free from interference by third parties. It is therefore that users take responsibility that their own personal data is protected, and it is the responsibility of the user to ensure that log-in details are kept secure.
The Airline Pilot Club has made every reasonable effort to ensure the security of your personal data. Our platform and associated infrastructure have been developed to a high industry standard and is regularly audited by third parties to ensure a high standard of security and data privacy. You can obtain further information by reading our GDPR policy.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights under date protection law in relation to your personal data including;
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used,
- The right to access the personal information that we hold about you,
- The right to opt-out of the receipt of receiving direct marketing messages,
- The right to request the correction of any inaccurate data that we hold about you,
- The right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances,
- The right to request that we port elements of your personal data to you or another entity requested by you,
- The right to object, in certain circumstances, to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details in the ‘Contacting the Airline Pilot Club, below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you also have the right to complain to the office of the Data Protection Commission:
- by post to the Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland
- by phone +353 (01) 7650100 or 1800437737 ; or
- by webform at https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact
Contacting the Airline Pilot Club
We are here to help you and if you need to make contact you can contact us by email at email@example.com
The Airline Pilot Club,
Broadmeadow Hall, Applewood Village, Swords, County Dublin
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure it is always up to date and accurate. Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and we will communicate any significant changes directly to you.